Low Carbon Consultants
Registrants on the CIBSE Low Carbon Consultants register have been certified by CIBSE to be competent to minimise energy use and carbon emissions from buildings both in their design and operation.
We offer a full range of specialist Low Carbon Consultancy services including design, building operation, simulation and energy management systems:
Low Carbon Consultancy - Design Specialist:
- Confirm all 5 compliance criteria to achieve Part L2A compliance.
- Provide advice on energy efficiency and conservation.
- Provide advice and design of low carbon and renewable technologies.
- Use passive design technologies to maximise use of shade and natural ventilation.
- Deliver information required to manage a building effectively and ensure that it continues to perform to its design intent after handover.
Low Carbon Consultancy - Building Operation Specialist:
- Provide advice to reduce a building's energy costs.
- Recommend and implement cost effective energy efficiency improvements.
- Incorporate low carbon and renewable technologies.
- Provide advice on developing a corporate social responsibility agenda.
Low Carbon Consultancy - Simulation Specialist:
- Provide carbon emissions calculations to achieve criterion 1 ADL2A compliance.
- Provide necessary calculations to develop an Energy Performance Certificate.
- Low Carbon Consultancy - Energy Management Systems Specialist LCC (EnMS):
- Develop and implement energy management systems to BS EN ISO 50001.
- Improve energy performance in a systematic way.
I have been working with TBS for over two years now. Highly professional approach to our joint ventures which have included TM44 Air Conditioning Energy Assessments for Google offices and Vodafone sites among others. I have always found that nothing is too much trouble for Neil and Technical Business Solutions. When they say they're going to do something, they do it on time and to the highest standards.- Michael Armstrong, Dip ACEA - Armstrong Energy Consultants
In an industry that is still so confused with conflicting opinions, sales driven motives and fast changing legislation, it is refreshing to have TBS on board. Their knowledge surpasses many others, and excels at looking at a problem from all angles, meaning the most glossy (and expensive!) solution doesn’t always win. That honest and perceptive approach has produced for us a document that is not consigned to a drawer, but can be used freely as a tool for making real improvements to our portfolio.- Joanna Tomlinson, Environmental Co-ordinator- Eric Wright Group Limited
We have worked with TBS for over 4 1/2 years (since we started). Neil's in depth knowledge in relation to air conditioning systems has been invaluable and has helped us deliver real value to our clients.- Paul Sutcliffe Founder and Operations Director - Sustainable Commercial Solutions
The Wrekin Housing Trust has been working with Technical Business Solutions over the last 12 months. David Hall (Head of Asset Management) says: “Neil has imparted his extensive knowledge and expertise to help us understand our energy usage, with the aim of developing a plan for reduction. Without his company’s intervention, we could have spent a lot of time and money on improvements, which would not have resulted in the desired reduction of our operating cost- David Hall, Head of Asset Management - The Wrekin Housing Trust
I can highly recommend TBS as a Business Development and Air Conditioning consultancy. They are very experienced in the building services sector and are comfortable working at an authority level. They're very approachable and work with the utmost integrity at all times. A real pleasure doing business with TBS and Neil and long may it continue- Stuart Ginbey, Managing Director, Tradewinds Engineering
Since the inception of our sustainability advisory business five years ago, TBS has supported us in delivering a broad array of energy management services including strategic energy metering, EPC assessments for our larger and more complex buildings and building energy modelling, especially in relation to identifying appropriate measures to cost effectively improve EPC scores. It has been a pleasure to work with TBS, whose experience and competency, coupled with a common sense approach has enabled us to achieve some excellent outcomes for our clients.- Chris Bennett, Sustainable Commercial Solutions
Technical Service Leaflets
- TM44 Air Cond. Energy Assessments
- Buliding Log Book (Part L)
- Building Services Specifications
- Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM)
- Energy Metering Strategies
- Energy Performance Certifications
- Energy Savings Opportunity (ESOS)
- Heat Networks Legislation
- ISO 50001
- Energy Efficiency Standards 2018
- Performance Auditing & Indoor Air Quality
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy Feasibility Studies
- SBEM and Part L Compliance